We already had a MAGNARP table lamp in the living room, but we were missing a reading lamp next to our couch.
For a standing MAGNARP floor lamp, we didn’t have space. And the available other IKEA lamps were not for our taste.
I already saw solutions with FRÄCK, so I decided to make my own wall mounted reading light, fused with MAGNARP.
IKEA items used:
Steps for an IKEA wall mounted reading light:
1. Take apart both sets.
2. Cut the power line of the MAGNARP to be able to pull it out from the pipe. (Cut at both ends of the switch)
3. Cut the pipe. Besides the threaded part which goes inside the bulb socket you I will need approximate 5mm.
4. Cut M10 thread on the pipe’s end, and drill over the thread inside the main plate with M10 as well.
5. Bend the mirror’s fork as seen on the picture.
6. Mark the holes from the bent fork onto the main plate, and drill holes.
7. Make the electric work with a new switch. (I laced it inside the arm before doing so, but this is optional)
8. Cut out the shade for the arm. Don’t forget to reinforce it with something. (First time I missed this, and the paper was torn apart. That is why you may see some glue on the picture. I will cover it later with similar paper.)
9. Assemble as seen. You will have almost no space for the tools. But it is not impossible to make
~ by Bence Fazekas
#1 Minimalist bedside reading lamps
This hack took advantage of the hollow core of the LACK shelves to make a pair of Minimalist bedside reading lamps. See more.
#2 Bedside lamp and spot reading light combined
So the pair of bedside lamps throw out fantastic mood light. But what happens when you want to read in bed? Light from wall lamps are often diffused and not directed onto a page. Now, what if we can combine a pretty wall lamp and a spot reading lamp in one? That’s just what Peter did. Merging the best of the ALANG wall light with the Jansjö LED spot light. Read more.
The post Brighten up: A reading lamp the book lover will love appeared first on IKEA Hackers.
This content was originally published here.